There is a huge pot of chili remains sitting with warm water in our sink from last night's dinner. Gross I know.
A bathtub that really needs to be cleaned but I didn't get around to it this weekend.
Two dessert recipes that I printed out and wanted to try making on Sunday that I somehow didn't even manage to make it to the grocery store to buy the ingredients for.
My kitchen table looks like a gift wrapping station threw up on it.
I have people that I should have called this weekend.
I STILL have two people to buy Christmas gifts for before the hubby's early Christmas extravaganze on Wednesday.
GOOD LORD. MY LIFE IS IN SHAMBLES.
And why I am sure you are asking. Because of this.
I held off from this craze for as long as I could. I already have enough addictions in my life and I really didn't want to add anymore. Hello reality tv and junk food.
But on Saturday morning I was at Walmart and saw the first book on sale for 5.97. So I thought, heck that seems like a bargain. Let's see what all the fuss is about.
And I saw, readers, boy did I see.
I sat down and began to read around 3 as the hubby was writing a paper. I thought I would read for a few hours and then do some of the chores around the house. WRONG.
I was still reading when hubby went to practice at 8. I came up for air only to eat dinner, move my laundry to the dryer, and hang out with the hubby for 30 minutes before he left for practice. When I was still reading when hubby came home from practice, I knew I was in too deep and that I would probably have all of the books read by the time next weekend arrives.
I already have hubby offering to watch the first movie with me. Which is delightful because of course I NEED to see this book come to life on the big screen.
I think he was scared though when he walked in to find me holding the book dangerously close to my face, flipping the pages as fast as my hands could turn, with that wide-eyed, lost-to-the-world look on my face. And I may have been drooling when he walked in. I can't be sure, it was all a blur.
So readers-I have fallen prey to the book and been biten(haha come on, I couldn't resist that one) by the Twilight bug. I just hope I still remember to eat and shower this week. It is all I can think about. :)
Any of you ladies feel guilty about buying stuff for yourself during Christmas time when you are supposed to be shopping for others?
- we are house sitting this weekend for Jonathan's boss......and they have a whirlpool tub......I know what I will be doing tonight!
- the above bullet sounds creepy...they are more family friends than co-workers...so that tub thing is less creepy.
- We only have 3 more people left on my hubby's side of the family to buy Christmas gifts for.....we are on the ball!
- I have had to keep a secret about a Christmas gift since August.......I am bursting and can't wait till its not a secret anymore.
- I have NO IDEA what to get my husband for Christmas...this happens every year and completely stresses me out.
- I almost had a heartattack over a pair of shoes today in DSW.....seriously I was so excited that I was talking out loud about how much I love them and didn't realize until a lady looked at me funny.
- Went to see the movie THE BOX last night.....hubby and I thought it looked interesting.....WRONG...it was terrible...we were very angry after we left......I tried to get hubby to leave in the middle because it was that bad.
- I need to get back on the running band wagon....I have been a slacker and have also been eating a ton.....why do I always end up being pudgy during the winter?
- My life is being taken over by basketball now that hubby is the team chaplain...we are in full fledge season mode now. Our dinner talks usually include some sort of basketball lingo.
- You should see my face full of confusion during these talks. Hubby has to define a lot of "terms" lately.
- Am missing Lakeland a lot right now. Can't wait for Macon to feel fully like home. Moving is hard.
- That was a lot of incomplete sentences above. I promise I took
- My bestie is moving to California in January. I am so proud of her for taking such a big leap and moving out there by herself.
- I am even more proud that she picked such a great place to move to so I can visit!!
- Is November 14th too early to put up Christmas decorations?
- I bought these shoes today for 15 dollars.....Love them.
It was literally one of the worst feelings in the world. I could barely look into his eyes while I was doing it. He was completely deflated. I just kept thinking about how I was taking away his livelihood and how in the economy, it will be such a struggle for him to find another job.
Horrible. And right before Christmas. Gaw.
He did have plenty of opportunities to correct the situation before he was fired. But that doesn't really make me feel better. I wish he would have tried harder.
Today I had to spend the majority of the morning in the pouring rain fixing something. I was soaked and miserable.
Happy Freakin Tuesday.
So I went online the other day after reading the so cute Just Dandy to find the below boots that she mentioned.
Beautiful right? Now guess where she found these at?
Walmart.com!!! They are 20 dollars and 1 dollar shipping. So for a whopping 21 dollars you can be walking around in these glorious boots!!!
So I went online and decided to do a little looking and holy moly this is NOT the wal-mart I grew up with. Check out some of the stuff they have. ADORBS!
Disclaimer: Now I haven't seen any of this stuff in person, so it could b e a total train wreck IRL, but for only 1 dollar shipping, try it out and if you hate it, then I bet you can take it back to a Wal-mart store!
This grey shift dress is super cute and would look cute with black tights and boots and a cute pop of color, maybe a cardigan or a statement necklace.
The conference was really long and made me wish I worked in an industry that wasn't so male dominated. By the end of it I was so DONE with hanging around with the guys and just wanted to have a girly conversation. I did get to see my best friend from high school one night which helped!!
While on the plane I read this:
Also, while in Dallas, I went to a concert and found a new artist that I am obsessed with. I love when that happens, when the opening act is almost as good as the headliner and you get to find a new artist.
I give you Caitlin Crosby:
She kind of has a different sound. Very soulful meets rocker and her voice is very unique. She may not be for everyone, but check her out and see if you like her style!!
I'm off to watch One Tree Hill!!!