8/17/2010

and you thought you could get rid of me....

well I don't go away that easy! ha! I have just been taken over by life lately. The hubby and I went on vacation to DC last week! I didn't say anything due to my extreme paranoia of stalkers over the interwebs!!!

We have also been dealing with some pretty life-altering, course changing decisions. Two of them...one right after the other. So I have been kind of just hiding away by myself trying to rid myself of all distractions and trying to hear his small voice. I wrote on Facebook the other day that "God was sure throwing a lot of curve balls lately" and one of my friends responded with "That just mean He has you up to bat!". I thought that was a pretty cute and positive way to think of it. More on that to come in a later post.

On top of all of that, I just recently got dealt a doozie at work. I was told last week that they need me to travel Charlotte, NC to help out with some things. Which was fine until they told me how long they needed me to go for. You know just from August 23rd through the beginning of October.....WHAT? WHAT THE WHAT? That is some serious travel time. And unfortunately the hubby of course will not be able to come with me. Boo. So I am not looking forward to that at all. This does however give me such a wonderful(albeit a small sliver of) insight on all of the military service men and their wives. They have to part for so much longer and I am so thankful for their sacrifice!

Anyways, I need your help. Has anybody ever lived in Charlotte or been and knows of anything to help me survive in the city?? Any great restaurants, tips, shopping, or friends that I can play with while I am there? ha! Also, has anyone ever traveled that long from home and lived in a hotel and have any tips on how to make a hotel feel more like home? I have lived in a hotel for a week or two at the most and amy slightly overwhelmed at the thought of packing for that long. Any tips?

Be back soon with a DC recap!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

oh my! that is crazy! i would hate being away from home that long. i don't know if you have ever read this blog: www.healthytippingpoint.com but she lives in charlotte and always posts everything she eats so lots of restaurants come up and they all look super yummy! you might check it out for the food and stuff to do part!

Courtney said...

That IS a long time!!! If I lived in Charlotte, I would be your friend! :)

Kelsey Claire said...

That is a long business trip! One of my friends ex boyfriend lived in Charlotte. They took alot of day trips to wineries and other such things. I have no advice!

Unknown said...

I have never been to Charlotte but I'd love to go someday! That is an awfully long time to be away from your hubs. I hope it all works out for you. Have a great week! xoxo.

Marsha Melton said...

Can Dad and I come visit for a weekend? That might help - especially if you will have some weekends there by yourself where you won't be able to go home to Macon. We have never been to North Carolina and we can fly to Raleigh which isn't too far away.

Love ya, Mom

Elizabeth said...

WOW!
That is a long work "weekend"!

But it's good that your Bosses know you are the best one for the assignment! (Hello Job Security!)

I wish you were coming to my little town. This place is a bit lacking in the fabulous people department....
And, based on your blog, I pretty much know that you are fabulous. =)

You can get through it! Just pick some "bigger" activities and spread them out so you have something each weekend to look forward to doing. Then get caught up on all the books you haven't read lately.
Oh. And Shop. =)


Hang in there!
Happy Wednesday!!
Love, E

Alissa said...

Wow what a trip, but it sounds like an adventure!

Brittany Ann said...

Whoa! I've never been to Charlotte, but it's only three hours away from me, should you feel the urge to come on down to Charleston for a weekend:)

I know there's an IKEA there!

Hope everything is OK! Praying for you!