6/13/2008

Drifter

Wow, this was an excruciatingly long week. You know those moments in life when you feel completely not comfortable around anyone, you feel like and outsider and feel like you are just drifting with nowhere to belong? Well maybe it's just me, but I have been feeling like that all week. I was super frustrated about it until the BIG MAN upstairs put it all into perspective for me. A couple of weeks ago, I was doing my quiet time and I was reading out of 1Peter Chapter 2 and it talks about how much of a blessing it is to be cast away from the world. Then it goes on further in verse 11 and tells you that we are aliens and strangers to this world. Now when I read through this verse in my quiet time it didn't quite strike me like it did yesterday when the Lord whispered it to me during the day. The reason we feel like that is because once we accepted Jesus as our Savior we SHOULD feel like that. This world doesn't and will NEVER understand me or my relationship with Christ. It is beyond their comprehension. So I should consider it a joy when I feel misunderstood. The day that I feel completely at home in this world is the day that I should rethink what I am doing here. I am not here to be comfortable or to have people get me. I am here to be bold for Jesus and to teach others about Jesus. I can only imagine how Jesus felt during His time on earth. I wonder if he often felt like an outsider, misunderstood by this world and foregin to its people. It does comfort me when I think about how my Savior probably had many "AWKWARD" days just like me.

No comments: