1/25/2009

Inspiration comes in all ages....

I met a man today who completely took my breath away. And he was 70 years old. Now before you go asking me if my marriage is in trouble let me explain. I serve in the baptistry at my church every Sunday. Now all I do is help people find robes that fit, and then I hand them a towel after they come up out of the water. I use the word 'serve' loosely.. because honestly I feel so blessed by it every Sunday that there is no way that I am giving anything. I am truly getting everything in this process. But anyways today there was a man named Emilio. He could barely speak English. He had to walk completely with a cane. And we had to all but carry him up the stairs to be baptized. He is 70 years old and yesterday he accepted Jesus Christ into his heart as his Lord and Savior. It was incredible to see that it is never too late to begin following Jesus. We had the opportunity to pray over him. See, he has ALOT of trouble with his feet. So we asked if we could pray for healing over his feet. As we were praying, I snuck a peak at him. I knew that he really did not understand what we were saying(his translator wasn't translating), but I looked over and saw him weeping with the biggest smile on his face. I LOST IT LITERALLY!! I started bawling right then and there and pretty much cried through the rest of church. It was so beautiful the trust I saw in this day old Christian that Jesus would be faithful to heal.

If you think of him, please pray for Emilio, that his feet would be healed and his pain would go away. But most importantly, I hope you will remember to have the same steadfast faith that this 70 year old man had, whenever you face trials or struggles of any kind. We serve a MIGHTY and FAITHFUL LORD!!!!!

2 comments:

The Pettijohn's said...

I gave you a blog award, it's on my page :)

The Ratpack said...

I lived in Midland!! What about you? That's awesome! The preacher who officiated my wedding tells people he can trust me because I'm a "west texas girl". haha so true!